1. Except as otherwise specified, WKRB contests are open to all persons 18 years of age and older. Contests that are restricted to persons 21 and over will be specified on-air or in official contest rules for that particular contest.
2. Employees and Staff of WKRB and Kingsborough Community College and their families are not eligible to win.
3. WKRB reserves the right at any time to award the prize to another eligible winner drawn at random in the event the prize, for any reason, cannot be utilized by the original winner or in the event the original Winner does not meet eligibility requirements.
4. WKRB contest winners can win once every thirty (30) days for all regular contests where the prize is valued at less than $600.00, including on-air contests, website contests, email contests or direct mail. There are some exceptions to the thirty (30) day rule. Announcers will make those contest rules known for those specific instances.
II. GENERAL CONTEST ENTRY RULES
1. WKRB contests are open to all WKRB listeners unless specified in particular contest rules aired on WKRB or listed in official contest rules posted by WKRB for a specific contest.
2. All on-air contests indicate the prizes to be awarded and their method of entry.
3. Contest methods may include random telephone selection, postcard entry, printed entry blanks and website entries. When any contest has a deadline for entry, the deadline is clearly indicated in on-air promotional announcements and any written rules.
4. Streaming audio is delayed up to 30 seconds or more and will decrease a contestant’s chance of winning on-air contests.
5. All winners will be notified by WKRB via email and/or telephone. WKRB is not responsible for any mechanical telephone error, failure or omission; or lost or misdirected mail faxes or emails; or neglect on the part of the U.S. Postal Service; or email service disruption.
6. WKRB is not responsible for any prize mailed. Winners may pick up their prize at the radio station by appointment during normal business hours. Prizes to be picked up at the station will be held for thirty (30) days.
7. All rules and restrictions are subject to final review by WKRB and may be modified or the contest terminated at any time at our discretion. Complete rules for WKRB contests are available weekdays during regular business hours at the WKRB business office located at 2001 Oriental Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11235, or via mail/email by request.
8. No purchase necessary. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited.
9. All entrants agree to release the use of their name and city of residence as well as the broadcast transmission of information pertaining to their entry, or prize-winning conversations, without additional consideration. Winners may also be required to sign a release of liability in connection with the contest.
10. There are no prize substitutions. Prizes are non-transferable and are not negotiable. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. Some prizes have restrictions or expiration dates and do not include gratuities.
11. All decisions of station management with regard to the awarding of the prizes, the selection of the winners and the interpretation of these rules shall be final. Each contestant, by virtue of entering the contest, agrees to accept the decision of the station as final.